Friday 13 April 2012

Need for Speed...


Envelope & Inside Card....
I finally purchased this great stamp set.  I have been after it for what seems like forever! 

The card today was the one we did at the Community Centre.  Unfortunately I couldn't be there as I have a family wedding this weekend & it is the first time in about 15 years that my brothers & sister have all been together.

After deciding how I wanted to make my card, it sort of come together fairly quickly. 

Measurements -
Base Card - So Saffron - 8 1/4" x 4 1/8" or 21.5cm - Score in the middle & fold in half
Layer 1 - Very Vanilla - 5 1/2" x 3 7/8" or 14cm x 10cm
Layer 2 - DSP - 5 1/8" x 3" or 7.5cm x 13cm - You may have to adjust this after adhering to the Very Vanilla
Layer 3 - Cherry Cobbler - 5 1/2" x 1 1/4" or 14cm x 2.5cm
Layer 4 - DSP - 5 3/8" x 1 1/8" or 13.5cm x 2cm
Layer 5 - Not Quiet Navy - 5 1/2" x 1 1/4" or 14cm x 2.5cm
Layer 6 - Cherry Cobbler - 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" or 6.5cm x 6.5cm
Layer 7 - Very Vanilla - 2 3/8" x 2 3/8"  or 6cm x 6cm

I cut the DSP into 3/4" strips & adhered them to the Very Vanilla Cardstock.  I left about 1/8" of Very Vanilla showing between the DSP strips & the top & side edges of the Very Vanilla.

I adhered the long strip of DSP to the piece of Cherry Cobbler, leaving a narrow edge aound the whole lot.  This was then adhered to the piece of Not Quyiet Navy which had been punched along one long side with the Eyelet Border Punch.
I adhered this piece to the bottom part of the Very Vanilla Cardstock with the DSP on it.  Once this was adhered, it covered the bottom part of the Very Vanilla.

I stamped the image onto the piece of Very Vanilla square in So Saffron Ink.  The bike was stamped onto a scrap piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock with Not Quiet Navy Ink & cut out.

I adhered the piece of Very Vanilla stamped image to the piece of Cherry Cobbler & adhered the bike over the top with Snail Adhesive.  The whole piece was adhered to the Base Card with SU! Dimensionals.

I stamped the greeting onto a scrap piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock in Not Quiet Navy, punched with the Large Oval Punch & adhered to a piece of Cherry Cobbler which had been punched with the Scallop Oval Punch.  This was then adhered to the Base Card with Snail Adhesive.

Supplies -
Stamp Set - Need for Speed, Sincere Salutations
Ink - Not Quiet Navy, So Saffron
Cardstock - Very Vanilla, So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quiet Navy
DSP - Well Worn
Punches - Large Oval, Scallop Oval, Eyelet Border
Accessories - Snail Adhesive, SU! Dimensionals


Until next time, Happy Stampin!


1 comment:

Kris McIntosh said...

Wow, Vicky, I love this one. Great colours and I love the out of the box car. Very cool card for a guy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...