Friday 25 April 2014

ANZAC DAY...

Today is a scheduled post as I will be attending the Dawn Service on this Special Day - ANZAC DAY.  I think I have only ever missed it once due to ill health.  Even as kids, I would always get up early & ride my bike to the Dawn Service & then later on march with the school.  It was tradition.
 

 The service on the coast would have to be one of the best I have ever attended with the "Last Post" ringing out over the ocean.  It is mind blowing & nearly brings me to tears every year.  The goose bumps appear every time.  I think I can safely say that this happens with every servicemen/women & ex-servicemen/women.
 
If the Navy had a recruiting van parked along the beach, I am sure I would not be the only one queuing up to sign on!!!!  The goose bumps.....  I can feel them as I write this.
 
It is then off to the local RSL where we get together, chat, talk about our service days, listen to the oldies tell there incredible stories & play "Two Up", where I am usually a big looser, but just gotta play, can't help myself.  In fact, I know quiet a few ex-sailors who have lost their whole pay packet (including myself) on "Crown & Anchor".

".... we will remember them"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...